Myself and my peers are honored to screen our degree project films on Thursday, May 12th at the Museum of Fine Arts. The works will be screened in the Remis auditorium at 5:30 pm.
I've chosen a title for my degree project: Gemini. Thinking more about what I'm really saying with my film, I'm expressing the struggle with a mental illness that has affected people close to me and myself. Gemini is the astrological sign for twins, the combination of two divided sides to a person in one. The split that occurs emotionally is a true obstacle to normal life. It inhibits motivation, it enables dangerous fearlessness. It's crushing to relationships and to the self if it is unaddressed and untreated. This film is a reflection of the way that therapy through artmaking can help a person overcome that struggle. I think the title "Gemini" encompasses the unity of the two opposing characters.
Through what I've learned from making this film, I'm exploring a new career path for myself. Within the next few years I will be attending graduate school to develop a career in art therapy. I'm excited to have "Gemini" represent me and my desire to help others use art to overcome their struggles, whatever they may be.
-Anna
No comments:
Post a Comment